The PKH is a project by FAO tobring pastoralists and international actors together to integrate pastoralist concerns into international policy dialogue. It serves both as a repository of relevant documents on pastoralism and pastoral people’s livelihoods, and as a neutral forum for exchange and alliance building among pastoralists and stakeholders.At this meeting there will be representatives from CORAM – France, APIA – Italy, CampoAdentro – Spain . The aim is to jointly with WAMIP decide on the direction of the Hub, to coordinate activities and to ensure policy incidence by strategizing on how to position pastoralist issues in global, regional and national fora. Main aim is to assess the functioning of this project during the period 2014-2019 and to suggest improvements to ensure pastoralist voices are taken into account at FAO policies.
About European Shepherds Network
European Shepherds Network (ESN) brings together extensive livestock farmers and shepherd organizations in Europe that share common goals such as supporting pastoralism and building a cohesive social movement.
Read our newsletter
Change Site language
- Olivier Maurin is now co-chair of the European Group in support of the International Year on Rangelands and Pastoralists.
- ESN is present at Pastoralist Knowledge Hub meeting in Rome
- A new stage for ESN after the Oloron St. Marie Assembly
- ESN Contribution to EU CAP Campaign
- All together for Food Sovereignity : ESN is calling for Nyeleni Europe conference
- Calling for the 5th ESN Assembly !!! 21-23 September 2016, St.-Floir, France
- European Forum on Nature Conservation and Pastoralism to host 2015 Conference in Ireland
- Koblenz-Ehrenbreitstein Declaration
- Third ESN meeting in Koblenz, Germany
- CALL FOR A EUROPEAN SHEPHERDS ASSEMBLY & Conference on Pastures
- ESN awarded grant by FAO to develop regional pastoralist Hub
- European delegates sign common declaration at Kiserian Global Gathering of Pastoralists
- SHEPHERDS UNITED CONFRONT THE EUROPEAN COMISSION
- Eight shepherd from across Europe meet in Kassel, Germany
- Why support shepherds? Open letter by a ESN member