From 9 to 12 September 2021, the Shepherds’ Meeting: Resistance and Future took place in Sotres, Cabrales, Picos de Europa, Spain. A moment of mutual recognition between shepherds and extensive livestock farmers from all over the country and Europe to share current problems, to think about ways of support and action for the future, and to celebrate pastoralist cultures. More than 70 people participated in the many activities planned: talks, round tables, visits to local farms, meals, music, etc., in which the link between pastoralism and issues such as food sovereignty or the management of protected natural areas were discussed, alternatives and innovative projects within the extensive livestock farming sector were presented, and new forms of pastoralism and their future were debated.
More information at: www.pastoresenresistencia.org
About European Shepherds Network
European Shepherds Network (ESN) brings together extensive livestock farmers and shepherd organizations in Europe that share common goals such as supporting pastoralism and building a cohesive social movement.
Read our newsletter
Change Site language
- ESN and allies launch the report “Are livestock bad for the planet?”
- ESN member organisations gather in Picos de Europa, Spain under the motto ” Resistance and Future”
- Olivier Maurin is now co-chair of the European Group in support of the International Year on Rangelands and Pastoralists.
- ESN is present at Pastoralist Knowledge Hub meeting in Rome
- A new stage for ESN after the Oloron St. Marie Assembly
- ESN Contribution to EU CAP Campaign
- All together for Food Sovereignity : ESN is calling for Nyeleni Europe conference
- Calling for the 5th ESN Assembly !!! 21-23 September 2016, St.-Floir, France
- European Forum on Nature Conservation and Pastoralism to host 2015 Conference in Ireland
- Koblenz-Ehrenbreitstein Declaration
- Third ESN meeting in Koblenz, Germany
- CALL FOR A EUROPEAN SHEPHERDS ASSEMBLY & Conference on Pastures
- ESN awarded grant by FAO to develop regional pastoralist Hub
- European delegates sign common declaration at Kiserian Global Gathering of Pastoralists
- SHEPHERDS UNITED CONFRONT THE EUROPEAN COMISSION